Intervaltiming.com & The Performance Horse Academy presents:
“The Money Line” 2 Day Workshop/Clinic
“Everybody wants to tell you the 1st barrel is the money barrel, but the line you take decides whether you can turn the 1st barrel. It also decides what happens between 1st & 2nd and around 2nd. It’s the Money Line, every time.” Samantha Winslow.
This clinic focuses on the line to the 1st barrel, how to figure out what your line is (and why it is), troubleshooting when you are on the wrong line and steps to successfully rebuild your line.
This is a 2 Day Clinic – it runs from the competition of the jackpot to approx. 9pm on Saturday and 8:30am to 4:00pm Sunday – Supper Day 1 & Lunch Day 2, Snacks, Coffee, Tea & Water provided by Us
Day 1 – Mixed Classroom and Horseback – Participants may bring a maximum of 2 horses to make a practice runs and work through the horse posture assessments – Day 2 will be limited to 1 horse only per rider.
- Practice Run with Interval timers and Overhead cameras – if your horse is not running shape or running age, you will travel as fast as you are comfortable – This will happen during the jackpot – Class will start at the completion of the Jackpot
- Horse Posture Assessment
- Human Posture Assessment
- Horse & Human Center of Balance, Length to Strength Ratio & Stride Length
- Saddle, Pad, Reins & Bit general assessment
- Overview on your horse’s basic strengths and challenges based on their skeleton and build.
- Understanding what changes on different size patterns and pens
- The fastest path on a barrel pattern
- The basics of muscle memory
- The BOWL concept
Day 2 – Horseback
- Horse Gait assessment – identifying strong movement and side to side balance.
- Optimize your lines and circles with your horses build
- Adjusting the line to 1st for different size scorelines, pattern and ground conditions
- Plan B – knowing what to do on the wrong line
- How to practice for a standard pattern in a small pen
- Take home notes and individual assessment will be provided to each participant.